Special Operations Cyber Security Engineer
£55000 - £65000 + Bonus
About the company
Join a leading global firm as it goes through a major transformation within it’s IT department. All Group Operating Companies have operated individually for a number of years and this has resulted in different standards being adopted that do not lend themselves to a single and uniform solution which causes a fragmented approach to cyber security.
The right candidate will be an experienced IT professional with a strong cyber security background to help drive consistency and elevate security across the IT landscape with a focus on quick wins with maximum impact to the user base and security profile.
Working solely on short term project deliverables in an agile fashion you will be removed from day to day operational tasks, working in sprints to deliver tangible value and elevate security
To play a key role in our Special Operations team reporting to the IT Special Operations Manager, providing the technical assistance required for the team to succeed.
Working closely with all OpCo IT departments and global Cyber Security to deliver technical solutions that will have visible business impact and improve our security posture.
Hands-on implementation of technologies, resolving issues, mitigating risks, and escalating issues/risks when appropriate.
Working with other virtual team members you will motivate and support the project staff, steering on the progress of controlled project implementations.
You maintain contacts with customers and project stakeholders regarding the status of a project.
You will maintain solution documentation where required and assist in the handover to operational activity.
Someone with 5+ years experience in a cyber security and infrastructure operations role.
• Working knowledge of switching and routing technologies
• Proven understanding of TCP/IP
• MS Active Directory
• MS Windows server and desktop operating systems
• MS Cloud Services – Azure, Office 365
• Virtualization and hypervisor technologies
• Experienced in the operations of standard firewall technologies
• Knowledge of end-point and gateway anti-virus technologies
• Oral and written fluency in the English language
• Information security or cyber defence qualifications (CISSP, SSCP, CISA)
• Good understanding of security standards (ISO27001, PCI/DSS, PAS1192-5)
• Experience in penetration testing (CEH)
• Linux operating system experience
• Database management
Alternatively, email us directly at email@example.com